Society Announces 2017-2018 Board of Directors
AMDA—The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine is pleased to announce its 2017-2018 Board of Directors.
Heidi White, MD, MHS, MEd, CMD, is the Society’s 2017-2018 President. She is Associate Professor of Medicine with tenure at Duke University School of Medicine in the Division of Geriatrics and a Senior Fellow in the Duke Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development. She has nearly 20 years of experience serving as a medical director in Durham, NC, at Croasdaile Village Retirement Community. Dr. White has served as Secretary/Treasurer, Vice President, President, and Past President of the North Carolina Medical Directors Association (2004‐2009) and remains active in the chapter. Before joining the Society’s Board, she served on numerous Society committees. She co‐directed the Society’s Foundation Futures Program for 10 years, and she will continue to be a strong advocate for this initiative. Dr. White has worked to develop the Society’s Competencies for Post‐Acute and Long‐Term Care Medicine and served on the curriculum development workgroup.
Speaking at the Society’s Annual Conference in Phoenix, AZ, in March, Dr. White said, “I’m honored to have the opportunity to serve as Society President.” Her goals for the Society in the coming year include continuing to expand the organization’s focus to address a wide range of issues and enfold care settings such as assisted living facilities and Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), embrace technology such as telemedicine, update clinical practice guidelines and turn them into bedside tools, and provide support for physicians and other practitioners. She also said that “we will focus on telling our story” and sharing best practices and examples of innovation and quality care.
Dr. White observed, “We are at our best not when we provide services, but when we provide experiences of caring…. Each of us matters in this organization. Let’s work to enrich the experiences of our patients and their families.” Learn more about Dr. White here.
Other members of the 2017-2018 Society Board of Directors are:
- President-Elect: Cari R. Levy, MD, PhD, CMD, of Denver, CO
- Vice President: Arif Nazir, MD, FACP, CMD, of Louisville, KY
- Immediate Past-President: Susan Levy, MD, CMD, of Frankford, DE
- Treasurer: Jeffrey N. Nichols, MD, CMD, of New York, NY
- Secretary: David A. Nace, MD, MPH, CMD, of Wexford, PA
- House of Delegates Representatives: Michele Bellantoni, MD, CMD, of Baltimore, MD; Randi Berkowitz, MD, CMD, of Boston, MA; and Wayne Saltsman, MD, PhD, CMD, of Burlington, MA
- Representatives, State President’s Council: Mary P. Evans, MD, CMD, of Charlottesville, VA; Thomas Lehner, MD, CMD, of Cleveland, OH; and; Milta Little, DO, CMD, of St. Louis, MO
For more information, visit www.paltc.org/governance.